Devizes Hypnotherapy aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Orla Smith, owner of Devizes Hypnotherapy.
A Privacy Notice is available on the practice website at http://devizeshypnotherapy.co.uk/privacy-policy or by email if you contact Orla @devizeshypnotherapy.co.uk
You will be asked to provide personal information when attending for therapy or hypnobirthing courses. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum care to you.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of contacting you about your appointments or to send you requested materials, e.g., hypnotherapy recording(s)
- Personal data for the purposes of designing therapy/courses around your specific circumstances
- Personal data for the purpose of having a trusted contact in the case of an emergency
- Special category data including health records for the purposes of the delivery of therapy/courses
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer you to another practitioner, we will gain your permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared, or if preferable, you will be given your information to make contact with them.
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
The lawful basis for processing special category data such as patients’ and employees’ health data is:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of providing therapy or hypnobirthing courses.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract, i.e., the delivery of therapy/hypnobirthing courses.
The retention period for special data in patient records is a minimum of 7 years as required by my insurance.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen at the Information Commissioner’s website. Here are some practical examples of your rights:
- • If you are a client you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text.
- • If you are not a client you have the right to withdraw consent for processing personal data, to correct errors in it or to ask us to delete it. You can also withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Orla Smith for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at Orla@devizeshypnotherapy.co.uk or call 07596116360.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.